8 Advantages of a Handmade Card Business


I ran a handmade greeting card business as my full time job for about 15 years, and I found there were several advantages over a printed card business.

Here is a sample from my first handmade card line. This line, I described as "Hyper Asian."

It was part of a larger line that, with the help of sales reps, I sold in all Barnes and Noble Stores as their feature line, along with over 1,000 other independent stores.

Do you have a handmade card business? Tell me what you think, or if you agree or disagree. I like to hear other people's experiences. Here are links to each article I wrote about.

Also see more articles on the card business on this blog. -Kate



Handmade Card Business Part 1: Financial Investment

Handmade Card Business Part 2: You Change Designs Quickly

Handmade Card Business Part 3: Financial Investment

Handmade Card Business Part 4: More Designs & High Quality

Handmade Card Business Part 5: Higher Retail Price

Handmade Card Business Part 6: Homebased

Handmade Card Business Part 7: Easier for Beginners

Handmade Card Business Part 8: Card & Gift in one

2 comments:

PrittieHartPress said...

That card is priceless, Kate!

Desiree said...

Hi, I browse your blog once in a while. I'm an artist, turned photographer, who doesn't really know which direction to go. I'll admit that I the thought of card designing is attractive.