Mail Art Gallery

Do you do "mail art"? 

Mail Art is a process where strangers (or friends) mail each other handmade art on the back of a postcard. Here are some examples of mail art I have received or discovered. 



My Bulletin Board of Mail Art









Mixed Media ALTERED ART  POSTCARD Weird Feeling
















 











HOW TO DO MAIL ART:

 
Good Mail Day: A Primer for Making Eye-Popping Postal Art 

 The term “mail art” refers to pieces of art sent through the mail rather than displayed or sold in traditional venues. Mail artists often use inexpensive and recycled materials including postcards, collage, rubber stamps, and photocopied images. Mail art is a fun way to connect with people in every corner of the globe. Readers will learn to create decorated and illustrated envelopes, faux postage and artistamps, find penpals, make a mail art kit, and much more!



5 comments:

Heather Fonseca said...

OH how very cool! I love your collection of things posted on a cork board.

alex said...

What a great idea!! Thanks for the info :)

Anonymous said...

Yes...cool and crazy creative!

Julie Wasson said...

Thank you so much for including my MAIL postcards in your mail art post today. I am honored. Please watch your own mail box this week. I have a post on my blog about mail art too. http://tidbitsnscraps.blogspot.com/2013/06/mail-art-mailbox-art.html

Maggie said...

This is such a fun idea, Kate! I've enjoyed so much looking at these, and thank you for including my postcard! Mail art is tons of fun!!

Maggie