There are times an artist needs to change the file size, file format,
add a signature, logo or watermark on multiple images for the following
• e-mail attachments to manufacturers for licensing consideration
• a manufacturer request for presentation to their client(s)
• low resolution standard size images for websites
• a marketing slide show for youtube.com
• iPhoto library that will be transferred to iPad
• photo/image-sharing websites like drop box
• sent to printing services
• sent to a publication for a press release or an advertisement
• auction/sale websites such as eBay and Etsy
Doing these tasks one file at a time is boring and time consuming.
However, using batch processing software that allows multiple steps to
be applied to many files at once is fast and easy.
Adobe Photoshop allows a person to do custom batch processing by using
the Action and Batch commands to program exactly what is needed. Turnkey
software (pre-built software for immediate use) performs certain tasks
such as resizing images and reformatting files. Article continued...
I am a designer who lives in Berkeley California who has worked in the greeting card and gift industry for over 20 years. I like to create things that make people laugh. For more information on licensing my art, visit my website.
Free Coloring Book Pages Sign up for monthly coloring pages below and learn more here.