There are times an artist needs to change the file size, file format,
add a signature, logo or watermark on multiple images for the following
• e-mail attachments to manufacturers for licensing consideration
• a manufacturer request for presentation to their client(s)
• low resolution standard size images for websites
• a marketing slide show for youtube.com
• iPhoto library that will be transferred to iPad
• photo/image-sharing websites like drop box
• sent to printing services
• sent to a publication for a press release or an advertisement
• auction/sale websites such as eBay and Etsy
Doing these tasks one file at a time is boring and time consuming.
However, using batch processing software that allows multiple steps to
be applied to many files at once is fast and easy.
Adobe Photoshop allows a person to do custom batch processing by using
the Action and Batch commands to program exactly what is needed. Turnkey
software (pre-built software for immediate use) performs certain tasks
such as resizing images and reformatting files. Article continued...
I am a designer who lives in Berkeley California who has worked in the greeting card and gift industry for over 20 years. I like to create things that make people laugh. For more information on licensing my art, visit my website.