8 Reasons to Start a Design Blog

Here's an interesting article by Underworld Magazines. Here's an excerpt:

I know it’s been about a week since I last posted, but I have a great post to make up for it. It’s for designers looking to start a design blog. I have 8 Reasons to Start a Design Blog. A design blog may not be for you, but it’s good to know what to expect when you’re thinking about starting one. These are just my reasons and there are many other ones out there. I am showing you how I did it when I first started out. Thank you for reading and I look forward to your feedback on this post.

Exposure.

Exposure to the internet world. If your blog content is good quality, you will always have plenty of readers wanting to read and come back to your blog. A lot of the times, readers pass on the post to more people. Putting in the time to make quality posts can help you out with getting future freelance work. When potential clients see you as the author of the article in a topic that shows you’re an expert on the subject, you’ll be the first person they’ll approach.

Great friendship with designers from all fields.

Building friendships with other bloggers is key. If designers like your content, they will promote it on websites like thewebblend.com, twitter.com, delicious.com, designbump.com, and a lot more. Also, it’s a great way to exchange links with them. Exchange emails and help out by promoting each other’s posts. It’s a win-win situation.
Help network within your industry or niche

Article continued...

1 comment:

andy bell said...

Is it possible make design jobs into jobs from home or can we maybe just give the meanial tasks to these work from home moms.Jobs From Home | Not Origami Money