Artists need an online presence

Check out this great article by Moshe Mikanovsky on how one artist uses online resources to promote his art. Here's an excerpt of an interview he did with artist Peter Worsley:

Until I got the following response on LinkedIn to the discussion about my article, List of 66+ websites for artists to build online presence. Peter Worsley, an artist from Santa Barbara, California, wrote to me:

These are all the websites at which I have presence:

AbsoluteArts, Artflock, artId, ARTslanT, ArtWanted, Boundless Gallery, Fine Art America, Fine Art Registry, Juried Art Services, Noenga, nuzart, ImageKind, RedBubble, Saatchi Online ( Saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourgallery), Simply Licensed, WOW- Window On Web, Zatista, Zazzle

None of them are producers. But I like Zatista for its potential for original art sales. ImageKind is the best for prints and cards because they allow the uploading of the highest resolution images. Though I have sold more cards through Zazzle.

Mostly I only use their free services, though I pay for ImageKind, and maybe some others I cannot remember which without looking them up.

Including his own portfolio site, I counted 19 sites on which Peter is maintaining an online presence! I was very impressed and intrigued. The main questions I had were “how much time does he spend on maintaining all of these sites?” and “how does he do it??”

See full Article...

No comments: