Greeting Card Statistics
• Most American households purchase 35 greeting cards each year.
• The average American receives 20 cards, of which one third are birthday cards.
• Women purchase more than 80% of all greeting cards.
• Of the total greeting cards purchased annually, roughly half are seasonal, and the remaining half are for everyday card-sending occasions.
• Christmas is the most popular card-sending holiday; sales of Christmas cards account for over 60% of all seasonal card purchases.
• Sales of Valentine’s Day cards (the next most popular seasonal occasion) account for 25% of seasonal card sales.
• Birthday cards account for 60% of the sales volume of everyday card purchases, with anniversary cards following at a distant 8%.
• There are over 2,000 greeting card publishers in America, ranging from small family businesses to major corporations, many of which license designs from freelance artists. (stats: Greeting Card Association)
(photo: Kate Harper Designs)
ARTIST and WRITERS GUIDELINES Compiled and Updated by Kate Harper Want to submit your art or writing to a greeting card comp...
This is an excerpt from Get Your Greeting Cards Into Stores: How to Find and Work With Sales Reps (Updated 2017 paperback) If you like t...
Micah Russo wrote to me and is an independent developer who is planning to launch his first web app called "Toon Talks" and...