Greeting Card Statistics
• Most American households purchase 35 greeting cards each year.
• The average American receives 20 cards, of which one third are birthday cards.
• Women purchase more than 80% of all greeting cards.
• Of the total greeting cards purchased annually, roughly half are seasonal, and the remaining half are for everyday card-sending occasions.
• Christmas is the most popular card-sending holiday; sales of Christmas cards account for over 60% of all seasonal card purchases.
• Sales of Valentine’s Day cards (the next most popular seasonal occasion) account for 25% of seasonal card sales.
• Birthday cards account for 60% of the sales volume of everyday card purchases, with anniversary cards following at a distant 8%.
• There are over 2,000 greeting card publishers in America, ranging from small family businesses to major corporations, many of which license designs from freelance artists. (stats: Greeting Card Association)
(photo: Kate Harper Designs)
ARTIST and WRITERS GUIDELINES Compiled and Updated by Kate Harper Want to submit your art or writing to a greeting card comp...
Article excerpted from Unusual Ways to Market Your Greeting Cards and 22 Places to Get Your Designs Featured A booklet on how to get your c...
This is an excerpt from Get Your Greeting Cards Into Stores: How to Find and Work With Sales Reps (Updated 2017 paperback) If you like t...