Halloween Queen: Nancy Michalak

I really like the style Nancy Michalak's cards because they evoke an eerie feeling of Halloween!  You can walk right into the scenes.  I asked Nancy about her process of designing her art.  Here is her response:

"My work is a mixture of both collage and paper cutting. I use black silhouette paper, then drawing a detailed design or image.  Then I cut out the image using small manicure scissors.  The resulting image is one piece.

This image is then overlayed onto a collage background that is created by using various papers and watercolor media.  The collage must align with the paper cutting to create the mood or effect intended. Finally, in addition to the underlying collage, I sometimes overlay on top of the paper cut additional decorative elements. I then print the images and hand apply them to cards."

Check out her website and shopping pages:
Nancy Michalak
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/NancyMichalak?ref=shop_sugg
Fine Art America: http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/Nancy+Michalak/all
























1 comment:

Kelly Fitzgerald said...

Wow, wonderful work and beautiful cards!