How to Use Social Media in Art Licensing

Here is a must-read article by Lance Klass.  Here's an excerpt...

I've discovered that each of these five components – main art portfolio site, art business blog, Facebook business page, Twitter, and LinkedIn – tends to support my overall effort to promote the works of my artists and thereby bring in new licenses for their art. One of my approaches to using social media for free publicity is to debut a new art collection on my art portfolio site, put an image or two from that collection with a promotional description on Facebook, send out tweets about the new collection to my followers on Twitter and occasionally I'll even discuss it on my blog or put a notice about it on LinkedIn as well.  I do love free publicity. article continued...

No comments: